Desserts symbolize the sweetness of the occasion. And when it is Easter time, they just cannot be left aside. A number of different desserts are prepared on the holy festival of Easter, one of the most significant among Christians across the globe. One of those enticing and tantalizing desserts is apple and berry crumble. It is a sumptuous and delicious dessert prepared with sweet, juicy fruits. Serve this to your guests and they sure will ask for more. To know how to make apple and berry crumble, follow the instructions in any of the tow recipes given in the following lines.
How To Make Apple And Berry Crumble
Apple and berry crumble is a sumptuous and delicious dessert prepared on Easter. Read to know the recipe of how to make apple and berry crumble.
Apple And Berry Crumble
- Knob of Butter
- 1 lb (2 oz) Tart Green Apples (peeled and diced)
- 1/3 cup superfine Sugar
- ¼ cup Water
- 6 oz fresh Blueberries and Blackberries
- ½ cup Plain Flour
- 4 tbsp Butter (cubed)
- 2 tbsp Raw Cane/ Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Marzipan (grated)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Place a large saucepan on fire and melt butter.
- Add apples and superfine sugar. Stir well.
- Simmer the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes and pour water.
- Boil the mixture and cook for few minutes till the apples turn soft.
- Add blackberries and blueberries. Stir and remove the saucepan from heat.
- Prepare the crumble by blending the flour and cubed butter in a food processor.
- Add sugar and stir again.
- Divide the fruit mixture into 4 ramekins (small glass serving bowls) and top with the crumble mixture.
- Sprinkle marzipan over the crumble.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes till the top turns golden and there are bubbles around the edges.
- Serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream in each ramekin.
- 6 Green Apples (peeled and cores removed)
- ¼ cup Caster Sugar
- 250 g Punnet Strawberries (hulled and sliced)
- 2 cups frozen Mixed Berries
- 60 g Butter (chilled and cubed)
- ½ cup Self-Raising Flour
- ¾ cup Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup fresh Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Cream (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Grease a 6-cup capacity ovenproof dish lightly.
- Slice the apples thinly and place them in the saucepan on medium heat.
- Add caster sugar and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Cover the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes till the apples are tender, but firm to hold their shape.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add in strawberries and mixed berries.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared ovenproof dish.
- Mix flour and butter to form crumbs.
- Add oats, brown sugar, breadcrumbs, cinnamon and honey. Stir well.
- Spoon the crumble over the fruit mixture.
- Bake the crumble for 25 to 30 minutes till the crumble turns golden.
- Serve hot with cream.