Easter is here again. It's time to commemorate the resurrection of Jesus Christ and celebrate the onset of the spring season. A number of different activities take place on this holy festival, allowing all near and dear ones to get close with one another. Special parties are organized on this holiday. Apart from mouth-watering and luscious delicacies, a large variety of desserts too are prepared especially on Easter in almost all Christian homes across the globe. One of the scrumptious and lip-smacking Easter desserts are goof balls. In case you are wondering how to make this inviting delicacy this Easter, do not worry. Simple follow the instructions given herein to prepare goof balls.
How To Make Goof Balls
Goof balls make a yummy treat for Easter and pretty simple to make. Explore this article to know the recipe of how to make goof balls.
- 1 package crispy Rice Cereal
- 1 cup Margarine
- 1 can sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 package individually wrapped Caramels (unwrapped)
- 2 packages large Marshmallows
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Transfer the rice cereal in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together margarine, condensed milk and caramels in the tops of a double boiler.
- Cook the mixture, stirring constantly, over simmering water to melt it for about 5 minutes.
- Dip a marshmallow using a wooden skewer in the hot caramel mixture.
- Roll the caramel coated marshmallow in the crispy rice cereal.
- Remove the marshmallow from the skewer and place it on the waxed paper. Allow it to set.
- Repeat with the rest of the marshmallows.
- 2 cups powdered Sugar
- 1 (14 oz.) can Condensed Milk
- 1 stick Margarine/ Butter (softened)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Nuts (chopped)
- 1 cup Coconut (flaked)
- 1 bag of Chocolate Chips
- ¼ block Paraffin Wax (shaved)
- Combine sugar and butter together in a large bowl. Mix to blend well.
- Gradually add condensed milk and stir.
- Add vanilla extract, nuts and coconut. Mix well.
- Roll the mixture into ½-inch balls and freeze them to set.
- Melt chocolate chips and wax in double boiler or microwave.
- Remove the frozen balls and roll them in the melted chocolate, till they are well coated.
- Place them on cookie sheets and refreeze till the chocolate turns hard.
- You can coat the balls with different flavored chips or candy bark.