With celebration around the corner, kids are the most excited lot. They are eager and thrilled to celebrate the festive spirit of any occasion. Easter is one of the most sanctimonious festivals for Christians. While adults rejoice the resurrection of Jesus, for kids, Easter is symbolical to celebration and enjoyment, rather than religious solemnization. Making crafts is one of the favorite activities that kids engage themselves in, during Easter, as it allows them to give a definite shape to their imagination. On Easter, kids can make a number of crafts that gel with the occasion. In the following lines, we have provided some easy Easter crafts for kids.
Easy Children Crafts Ideas For Easter
There are some easy crafts that kids can make on Easter. Read on to know explore more on children craft for Easter.
Easter Crafts For Kids
- Scissors/ Craft Knife
- ½ gallon Milk/ Juice Carton
- Construction Paper (in a pastel shades)
- Glue/ Double-Sided Tape
- Hole Punch
- Pipe Cleaners
- Googly Eyes
- Remove one side of the carton. Cut the open side, with the help of a scissors or a craft knife. Do not throw it away as you would need it to make the handle.
- Now, wrap the carton with a construction paper. Use glue or a double sided tape for the purpose. If extra paper comes out, trim it to fit the size of the carton.
- Once this is done, punch a hole in the center of the spout ridge. Insert pipe cleaners as whiskers and stick on a pair of goggle eyes.
- For the ears, cut the construction paper that you have earlier used to wrap the carton.
- Now, take a darker shade of the construction paper and cut it in a way that it is an inch smaller in size than the ears that you have already cut. Paste it in the middle of the ears.
- Staple the bunny ears at the base of the carton, in such a way that they stand upright.
- For the handle, use the side which you had cut open. Trim it so that it looks like a belt. Now, wrap it in the same construction paper with which you wrapped the box. Attach it to the side of the carton, forming a handle.
- Your Easter bunny basket is ready!! Fill it with colorful eggs and gifts you would receive on Easter day.
- White Poster Board
- Pink Construction Paper
- Tacky Glue/ School Glue
- Tape/ Stapler
- Easter Stickers (optional)
- Markers, Crayons/ Colored Pencils (optional)
- Take a poster board and cut it about 2" wide and about 24" long.
- Now, cut 2 ears from the remaining poster board. The size of each should be about 8 ½" long x 3 ½" wide.
- Take the pink construction paper and cut 2 smaller ears. Make sure each of them is an inch less than what was cut out of the poster board.
- Stick the pink ears over the white ones. Make sure a uniform space is left on all the sides.
- Once this is done, paste the ears on the board, which you had cut in the first step. Make sure it is placed in a way that it fits behind the kid’s head.
- The bunny ears are done. You can further decorate it by using stickers, markers, crayons or colored pencils.
- Finally, staple the band to fit the head of the child. If the strap is a bit too large, trim it to fit the size.