The Christians celebrate the religious festival of Easter with great fun and fervor. Easter is a time to commemorate the resurrection of Jesus Christ and welcome the refreshing spring season. Partying, feasting, games and activities form the major attractions of the holiday. A variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes are prepared on Easter. As for desserts, cakes are the most popular. Easter lamb pound cake is one the most famous and preferred cakes on this holy festival. This cake resembles the lamb, a prominent symbol of Easter. Learn how to make Easter lamb pound cake by following the instructions given herein.
How To Make Easter Lamb Pound Cake
Easter lamb pound cake is a popular cake prepared on Easter. Read the article to know the recipe of how to make Easter lamb pound cake.
Easter Lamb Pound Cake
- 1 pound Butter
- 3 cups Sugar (divided)
- 8 Eggs (separated)
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour (sifted)
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/3 cup Bourbon
- ½ cup Pecans (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Mix together butter and 2 cups sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat well until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time. Mix after each addition.
- Add in flour to the sugar mixture, alternating with vanilla, almond extract and bourbon. Whisk the mixture till it turns smooth and creamy.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl, till they are stiff.
- Add 1 cup sugar to the egg whites and beat well.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg whites mixture. Mix gently.
- Add pecans and blend well.
- Pour the batter into a lamb-shaped pound cake mold.
- Bake the batter for 1½ hours, till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan and invert it onto a wire rack.
- Cool completely and decorate before serving.
- 1 lb Margarine
- 1 lb box Powdered Sugar
- 3 cup Flour
- 6 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Almond Extract/ Lemon Extract (optional)
- Combine together margarine and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, 2 at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and almond or lemon extract. Mix well.
- Sift flour.
- Sift the flour again along with salt.
- Blend the flour into the sugar mixture.
- Grease and flour a nose side down rounded above pan.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Pour the remaining batter into a regular loaf pan.
- Bake the regular loaf pan at 350 °F, for 1½ to 2 hours.
- Bake the lamb mold batter at the same temperature for about an hour. Turn the cake over and bake for another 15 minutes with the nose up.
- Allow the cake molds to stand for 5 minutes and carefully remove the nose section.
- Set the cake upright and decorate, as desired.