The whole world unites to honor the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead on Easter Sunday. Christians from all across the world commemorate this occasion with immense pleasure, happiness and magnificence. The holy festival is also celebrated to welcome the spring season after the end of the Lent period. Eggs, chocolate bunnies, baskets, lamb, marshmallows, carrots, lilies and hot cross buns are the main symbols of Easter. Why not try a carrot cake for this Easter and add a real festive feel to your Easter meal. A vegan Easter cake would be perfect to treat your vegetarian friends and family. Find the recipe for making vegan carrot cake in the following lines.
How To Make Vegan Carrot Cake
Treat your vegetarian guests with vegan carrot cake on this Easter. Explore this article to know the recipe of how to make vegan carrot cake.
Vegan Carrot Cake
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ cup Soy Flour (optional)
- 1½ tbsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1 tbsp Cloves (ground)
- 4 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Tapioca Starch (optional)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1½ cups Hot Water
- ¼ cup Flax Seed Meal
- 2 cups packed Brown Sugar
- 4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¾ cup dried Currants (optional)
- 6 Carrots (grated)
- ½ cup Slivered Almonds (blanched, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Combine together whole wheat flour, soy flour, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, tapioca starch and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk well until well blended. Set the mixture aside.
- Pour hot water in a mixing bowl and sprinkle flax seed meal. Stir for a minute till the flax absorbs the water and mixture thickens slightly.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla. Stir till the sugar is dissolved.
- Add currants, carrots and almonds. Blend well.
- Add the flour mixture and stir till the mixture gets moistened.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the batter for about 30 minutes till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool the cake completely on a wire rack.
- 2 cups Carrots (grated)
- 1½ cups Raisins
- 2 cups Water
- 1½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1½ tsp Allspice
- ½ tsp Cloves
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 cups Flour
- 1½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Soy Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine carrots, raisins, water, cinnamon, allspice and cloves in a medium saucepan.
- Simmer the mixture for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and salt. Mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool the mixture completely.
- Mix flour and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the carrot mixture and soy milk. Stir the mixture until well blended.
- Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan lightly.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake the batter for 1 hour till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Frost the cake with cream cheese frosting.