Easter brings in happiness, joy and splendor. It is celebrated all around the world by Christians to remember Jesus Christ's resurrection from His death after His crucifixion on Good Friday. The holy occasion is also celebrated to mark the onset of the spring season, after the end of the Lent period. People indulge in preparing for church masses, get-togethers, games, crafts and other activities. When festival is around, feasting forms the main source of celebration. Celebrate this spring season of Easter with a taste of fresh strawberries. This pretty pink delicacy makes a perfect cookie as well as a yummy dessert for Easter. Learn how to make frosty strawberry squares and turn your Easter meal into a creamy and lip-smacking delight.
How To Make Frosty Strawberry Squares
Frosty strawberry squares are simple awesome and unbeatable. Explore this article to know the recipe of how to make frosty strawberry squares.
Frosty Strawberry Squares
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Walnuts (chopped)
- ¼ cup packed Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Butter (melted)
- 2½ cups Strawberries (finely chopped)
- ½ cup White Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen Whipped Topping (thawed)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Prepare the crust by mixing flour, walnuts and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Add butter and toss the ingredients to blend well.
- Pour the mixture in a 9x13 inch baking pan and set it well.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes till it turns lightly brown. Be sure to stir it occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the oven and leave it aside to cool.
- Sprinkle 1½ cups of the crust mixture in a 9x13 inch pan, reserving the remaining for future use.
- To make the filling, mix strawberries, white sugar and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Add whipped topping and blend well.
- Spoon the topping over the crust and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the reserved crust mixture over the topping.
- Cover the pan and freeze for at least 6 hours till it turns firm.
- Cut the mixture into squares and serve.