Easter is a religious occasion celebrated with fun, vigor and grandeur throughout the world by the Christian community. Though traditions vary from country to country, the main idea behind Easter remains the same, that is, to spread goodness and cheerfulness all across. This ceremonious occasion is welcomed with scrumptious delicacies prepared throughout the day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For dinner, chicken marsala is an elegant and easy-to-prepare delicacy to include in. It is prepared from a rich, fortified wine from Sicily called Marsala. Add this incredibly rich and delicious dish on your Easter dinner party and watch your party spice up. Follow the article below to know how to make chicken Marsala. Your guests will surely come back for a second round.
How To Make Chicken Marsala
Chicken Marsala is a mouth-watering delicacy with an enticing aroma. Learn how to make chicken Marsala by following the recipe given herein.
- ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour (for coating)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- ½ tsp dried Oregano
- 4 skinless, boneless Chicken Breast Halves (pounded ¼ inch thick)
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- ½ cup Marsala Wine
- ¼ cup Cooking Sherry
- Combine flour, salt, black pepper and oregano together in a shallow dish or bowl.
- Coat the chicken breast halves with the flour mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Place the chicken pieces and brown them lightly.
- Turn the chicken pieces over and add mushrooms.
- Pour Marsala wine and cooking sherry. Stir gently.
- Cover the skillet and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn them once while simmering and cook till the meat is no pinker and the juices run clear.
- 4 skinless, boneless Chicken Breast Halves
- ¼ cup Green Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/3 cup Marsala Wine
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/8 cup Milk
- Place a large skillet on fire and sauté chicken for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook the meat till it is well cooked and the juices run clear.
- Add green onions and mushrooms. Sauté till they are soft.
- Pour Marsala wine and boil the mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper. Boil the mixture for further 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and milk. Stir gently.
- Heat the chicken thoroughly for about 5 minutes.