Easter is a sacred festival celebrated by the Christian community throughout the world. It commemorates the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead and the onset of the spring season. Eggs, bunnies, lilies, baskets, marshmallows and chicks are the main symbols of Easter. Partying, feasting, activities, music, decorations and games form the main attractions of the holiday. While deciding on the dinner menu, one recipe that you should not miss is Easter delight Greek lamb. It makes a wonderful addition to the Easter dinner menu. Tender and flavorful, this dish is sure to add to the appeal and mood of the festival. Go through the lines to know how to make Easter delight Greek lamb.
Easter Delight Greek Lamb Recipes
Easter Greek lamb is one of the delicious Easter recipes and form an important part of our non vegetarian Easter dinner recipes.
Easter Delight Greek Lamb
- 5 lb Leg of Lamb (boneless)
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- ½ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- ½ cup Parsley (chopped)
- ½ cup Dill (chopped)
- 4 tbsp rubbed Oregano
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Beat together olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, parsley, dill, oregano and black pepper.
- Butter the lamb and pepper liberally on both sides.
- Cut some slits in the meat.
- Marinate (preserve) the lamb for about 2 to 24 hours.
- Sap marinade from the lamb and put the lamb in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake it in the oven at 425 degrees F for about 45 minutes. Maintain an internal temperature of 135 degrees F.
- Keep the lamb at rest before serving.
- 1 (4 to 5 pounds) boneless Leg of Lamb
- 1 cup soft Bread Crumbs (about 2 slices)
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
- ½ tsp mixed dried Herbs
- A dash of Salt
- A dash of Pepper
- 1 large Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 can (14½ ounces) Chicken Broth
- 2½ pounds medium Potatoes (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 1 large Tart Apple (sliced)
- Place the leg of lamb on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Combine together bread crumbs, butter, herbs, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spread the mixture over the lamb meat.
- Place onion in the pan and pour the chicken broth over it.
- Bake the lamb for 1 hour at 325 degrees F.
- Add potatoes and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Add the tart apple and bake for further 30 minutes till the potatoes turn tender and meat is well cooked.
- Remove the vegetables and apple from the meat.
- Allow the lamb to stand in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice thereafter and serve.