The holy festival of Easter has arrived bringing with it the time to indulge in celebration and festivity. Sending cards is a usual and popular practice amongst people to greet one another. However, the occasion becomes even more special if someone sends you a homemade greeting card. Handmade cards are still a craze amongst people, as they not only make the event special, but also express the genuine feelings of the sender. The beauty of homemade cards lies in the fact that the receiver cherishes and remembers the amount of hard work, effort, thought and creativity that has gone into making it. Though for many, it might seem to be a tedious task, but in reality, it is actually quite fun and does not require much of your resources. Now, if you are wondering how to make a homemade Easter card, it is quite simple. Browse through the lines and find ideas for making homemade Easter cards.
Stained Glass Card
Given below are some homemade Easter card ideas. Know how to make an Easter handmade card.
Homemade Easter Cards
- Fold a cardstock into a traditional card.
- Cut out the front of the card into some shapes reflecting Easter, such as an Easter egg, an Easter flower or some geometric shapes.
- Paste some colored tissue paper or vellum over the cut out holes.
- Unfold the card and fold it in the opposite direction.
- The colors will show out through the front of the Easter card just like a stained glass window.
- Cut out a leaf shape from green cardstock.
- Write down Easter messages on the cutout.
- Decorate a large silk flower with glitter, sequins, ribbon or fake gemstones.
- Affix the leaf to the flower and send this card to someone who loves spring blossoms.
Bunny Easter Card
- Fold a sheet of pastel colored construction paper or cardstock in half.
- Trace the outline of the bunny-shaped cookie cutter on the cardstock with a pencil.
- Cut out the bunny shape.
- Fold two sheets of construction paper or cardstock in another color in half, widthwise.
- Paste the bunny cutouts on the front of one sheet.
- Paste the bunny cutout frame on the second sheet.
- Pen down Easter greetings on the inside of each bunny card.
Wooly Lamb Card
- Print the template of a lamb as big as possible onto a paper measuring 8½ x 11 inches.
- Place the printout on another cardstock and cut out two lamb shapes.
- Dip cotton balls in white glue and paste on the top lamb piece. Cover the entire piece in wool. Allow it to dry.
- Write Easter messages on the front of the second lamb cutout.
- Once the wool has dried, staple the two lamb pieces together.
- Your cute and fuzzy homemade Easter card is ready.