Easter is a grand occasion observed with immense joy, pleasure and magnificence throughout the world. The festival welcomes the spring season apart from commemorating Jesus Christ's resurrection. People indulge in get-togethers to meet and interact with loved ones. Thus, feasting becomes significant on such an occasion. And, desserts cannot be forgotten when dinner's being served. Crunchy chocolate eggs are easy to make and delicious to feast on. These delicious and rich candies will melt in your mouth instantly giving you a real feel of Easter. They can either be served as a dessert or gifted in an Easter basket. Given here are two different recipes for preparing crunchy chocolate eggs.
How To Make Crunchy Chocolate Eggs
Crunchy chocolate eggs are rich, delectable and easy to make. Explore the article to know how to make crunchy chocolate eggs with these recipes.
Crunchy Chocolate Eggs
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 cup light Corn Syrup
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 2 cups Cornflakes
- 2 cups crisp Rice Cereal
- ½ cup Peanuts (finely chopped)
- 3 ¾ cups semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 ½ tsp Shortening
- Candy Sprinkles (for decorating)
- Mix together brown sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat and stir till the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add in rice cereal and peanuts. Stir. Allow the mixture to cool a little.
- Line baking sheets with waxed paper.
- Drop tablespoons of the mixture on baking sheets.
- Form the droppings into egg shapes.
- Refrigerate the eggs till they are firm.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening together and melt them in microwave. Remove and stir to smoothen out.
- Remove the eggs from the refrigerator and dip them in melted chocolate, dripping off the excess chocolate.
- Place the chocolate coated eggs on baking sheets.
- Decorate the eggs with candy sprinkles. Allow them to stand until set.
- ¼ cup Butter (softened)
- ¾ cup chunky Peanut Butter
- 1½ to 2 cups Confectioners' Sugar (divided)
- 1 cup Coconut (flaked)
- ½ cup Walnuts (finely chopped)
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp Shortening
- Mix butter and peanut butter in a large bowl. Cream the mixture till it is fluffy.
- Add a cup confectioners’ sugar and mix well.
- Add coconut and walnuts. Stir.
- Dust a surface lightly with some confectioners’ sugar.
- Turn the peanut butter mixture on the dusted surface.
- Add enough confectioners’ sugar and knead the mixture, until it holds its shape well.
- Shape the mixture into small egg-shaped pieces.
- Cover the eggs and refrigerate for an hour.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening together in a bowl in microwave.
- Remove and stir to smooth out.
- Dip the eggs in the melted chocolate and drip the excess covering.
- Place the dipped eggs on waxed paper. Let them stand until set.
- Refrigerate to set and chill.