Easter is the most significant festival celebrated with great splendor and grandeur throughout the world, after Christmas. The Christians commemorate the resurrection of Lord Jesus Christ from His death. The holy holiday also marks the commencement of the spring season, after the end of the Lent period. Easter calls for feasting, get-togethers, church masses, games and other activities. Desserts are a common delicacy on the Easter menu. Thus, prepare a cake shaped and decorated like an Easter egg, this Easter season and let your guests be impressed with something special on the dessert table. Go through the article, to find the recipe for making Easter egg cake. Simple and fun to make, give this recipe a shot and celebrate Easter in a truly traditional way.
How To Make Easter Egg Cake
Surprise your guests with an egg-shaped cake this Easter on the dessert table. Read the article to know the recipe of how to make Easter egg cake.
Easter Egg Cake
- 1 box Lemon Cake Mix
- 1¼ cup Water
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 3 tsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 tbsp Sour Cream
- Assorted tubes of Colored Decorating Icing
- Decorating Candy (can be shaped like flowers or can be your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Butter and flour a 3-D egg cake pan set (with two egg halves).
- Pour the cake mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Add water, eggs and vegetable oil. Beat the mixture using an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour the cake batter equally into the prepared pans.
- Bake the batter for about 35 minutes, until the cake tops turn brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Line clean dry kitchen towels on 2 cake racks.
- Sift a thick layer of powdered sugar over the towels.
- Remove the cakes and place them on sugared towels. Allow them to cool.
- Henceforth, transfer the cakes onto platters.
- Transfer butter in a medium bowl and beat till it gets light.
- Add 1½ tsp lemon juice, 2 cups powdered sugar and 2 tbsp sour cream. Mix well.
- Spread the frosting over the cakes equally.
- Decorate the cakes with colored decorating icing.
- Use different decorative candies, candy flowers, gumdrops, jelly beans, yogurt-covered raisins and almonds, coconut, colored sprinkles and candy confetti to further decorate your egg cakes.