The religious festival of Easter is celebrated all across the world with immense fun, zeal and magnificence. The most important festival after Christmas, Easter commemorates the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead after His crucifixion on Good Friday. The holiday also welcomes the cool spring season after the Lent period. People get engaged in partying, feasting, singing songs, games and other activities. You can move a step further to make your Easter holiday special by getting creative and making a cute and inventive cake. This cake is the perfect dessert for this festive holiday. Pull on your sleeves and get set to prepare Easter basket cake. Follow the instructions given here to make a basket cake this Easter.
How To Make Easter Basket Cake
Try this exotic Easter basket cake on this Easter. Read the article to know the recipe of how to make Easter basket cake.
Easter Basket Cake
- 1 lb box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 lb container White Frosting
- 1 cup Coconut (shredded)
- Green Food Coloring
- Jelly Beans
- Other Easter Candies
- Pipe Cleaners
- Preheat an oven to 350 °F.
- Grease and flour a 1½-quart stainless steel bowl.
- Prepare the cake mix as per the instructions on the package.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared bowl.
- Bake the batter for 70 minutes till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the bowl for 15 minutes.
- Invert it onto a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Turn the cake right side up and place it on a cake platter.
- Cut a circle in the center of the cake while leaving a 1½-inch border.
- Carefully scoop out the cake from the circle to form a 1-inch deep crater.
- Frost the cake using white frosting.
- Add drops of green food coloring to the coconut to form the grass. Mix well in a zippered plastic bag.
- Fill the crater with green coconut and add jelly bean eggs and other Easter candies.
- Make the handle of the basket by arching two pipe cleaners over the cake.
- Carefully wrap ribbons around the handle.
- Finally, tie a big bow in the center.