Festivals are mainly about partying and feasting, Easter is no different from the other festivals. While it marks the resurrection of Jesus Christ, it also welcomes the spring season with immense joy, pleasure and enthusiasm. The most religious Christian festival after Christmas, Easter calls for different delicious and mouth-watering delicacies. Apart from eggs, bunnies, chocolates and lamb, marshmallows too are one of the symbols of Easter. Given here is a chocolaty, crunchy and luscious recipe for making one of the Easter cookies. Deluxe chocolate marshmallow bars are easy to make and will turn your Easter celebrations even more festive and enjoyable. Read to know the instructions for preparing them.
How To Make Deluxe Chocolate Marshmallow Bars
Deluxe chocolate marshmallow bars make a great treat for Easter basket. Learn how to make deluxe chocolate marshmallow bars by following this recipe.
Deluxe Chocolate Marshmallow Bars
- ¾ cup Butter/ Margarine (softened)
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Baking Cocoa
- ½ cup Nuts (chopped)
- 4 cups Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 1/3 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 tbsp Butter or Margarine
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 2 cups crisp Rice Cereal
- Combine butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix to cream the contents.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix and beat till the mixture turns fluffy.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and baking cocoa in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar egg mixture. Blend well.
- Add nuts, if you desire. Stir well.
- Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake the mixture at 350 °F for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cake with miniature marshmallows and bake the cake for further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Dip a knife in water and evenly spread out the melted marshmallows evenly over the cake.
- Remove and cool the cake completely.
- Prepare the topping by mixing chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a small saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over low flame and stir constantly to melt the mixture.
- Remove the topping from heat and add in rice cereal. Mix well.
- Spread the topping over the bars and cool them.
- Slice and serve thereafter.