Celebrated with great gusto across the world, Easter is one of the major festivals of Christians. The festival is great time to spend time with near and dear ones. Hence, partying and feasting are the main attractions of the holiday. Planning a dinner party for Easter starts well in advance. In case you are thinking of preparing a traditional lamb recipe, your guests would probably love to dig in this one. Given here is a delicious and tasty lamb dish perfect for Easter. The stuffing in the lamb makes the delicacy even more special and perfect for the festive mood. Try out one of the two recipes given below and celebrate Easter in the true festive spirit.
How To Make Spinach-Stuffed Lamb
Spinach-stuffed lamb is a great treat for Easter dinner. Read to know the recipe of how to make spinach-stuffed lamb.
- 3 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped Spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 8 ounces Goat Cheese/ Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- ¾ tsp Salt (divided)
- ¼ tsp Pepper (divided)
- 1 (5 pound) boneless butterflied Leg of Lamb (trimmed)
- 3 cloves Garlic (slivered)
- 3 tbsp fresh Rosemary (minced)
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add spinach, cheese, ½ tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Untie the lamb and open up to lay it flat. Carefully flatten it to ¾-inch thickness.
- Spread the spinach mixture over the meat, leaving 1 inch at the edges.
- Roll up the lamb beginning from the short side. Tuck the ends in and tie the lamb with kitchen string at intervals of 2 inches.
- Make slits using a sharp knife on the outside of the meat.
- Insert garlic slivers in the slits.
- Sprinkle rosemary and the remaining salt and pepper over the meat.
- With the seam down, place the lamb on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Cover the lamb and bake at 425 °F for 1 hour.
- Remove the cover and bake for another 15 to 30 minutes, till the thermometer reads as 160 °F. Occasionally baste the meat with the juices in the pan while baking.
- Allow the meat to stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve thereafter.
- 225 g (8 oz) fresh or frozen Spinach (cooked, drained thoroughly and chopped)
- 15 g (½ oz) fresh Mint (finely chopped)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- A pinch of Sugar
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- ½ small boned Leg of Lamb (knuckle end), about 400 g (14 oz)
- 175 ml (6 fl oz) Red Wine
- fresh Mint Sprigs (to garnish)
- Combine together spinach, mint, garlic, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Cut off every scrap of fat from the lamb.
- Lay it flat with the bone side up.
- Spread the spinach mixture over the lamb.
- Carefully fold the meat and tie it with string.
- Place the meat in a roasting dish or pan.
- Pour red wine.
- Cook the lamb in the oven for 45 to 55 minutes, till the lamb is cooked through.
- Remove and transfer the meat to a hot serving platter.
- Cut into thick slices.
- Pour the excess fat and juices form the pan over the lamb slices.
- Garnish with fresh mint and serve hot with rice.